Toitū Hauora Accord
Toitū Hauora Leadership Summit
Toitū Hauora is a future-focused programme that aims to build the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to grow Māori leadership in health and wellbeing.
The programme seeks to support current and aspiring Māori health leaders who are equipped with the confidence and skill set necessary to actively engage, participate and influence health and disability system decision-making processes at a national, regional, and local level.
Toitū Hauora looks to support leaders that will be:
- Strong advocates for the advancement of Māori health and whānau wellbeing.
- Active participants in our own world
- Accountable to Māori
- Uphold our obligations under the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Well informed about Māori health and wellbeing
- Engaged and focused on collective impacts
- Supporting and building strong, relevant, and effective leadership in the years ahead.
- Strategic and Innovative
- Part of a global indigenous network.
- Politically astute and aware of legislation and policies that have impacts on Māori
Increased Māori leadership contributes to health service design and delivery reflecting more of the local Māori population’s needs, leading to improved prioritisation of resources and better health outcomes for hapū, iwi, whānau and Māori communities.
2 Cameron Street, Kaiwharawhara
+64 4 473 9591 or 0800 628 284
To improve Māori Health through leadership, education, research and evaluation, health workforce development and innovative, systemic transformation. We strengthen Māori health and wellbeing through nationally navigated and locally led solutions.