Toitū Hauora is an annual event to support current and aspiring Māori Health Leaders. The event provides an opportunity to celebrate Māori solutions and achievements while creating a space for Māori to prioritise and plan for the future. For this year’s event we are introducing a month-long celebration of short talks, presentations, and interactive panels. We are offering a wide range of topics and activities to fit around the realities of our current COVID-19 responses.
This years programme includes:
- #WHAKAARO is a daily online series of short talks and presentations from Māori who are leading transformational changes across the health system, and in the delivery of health services.
- #KŌRERO is a weekly interactive online panel discussion that focuses on the overarching theme of Toitū Hauora – Titiro ki muri, haere atu ki mua’ – Our past and future are intertwined. These sessions will create a space to remember our past, recognise the present and plan for the future.
- #WHAKAWHANAUNGATANGA is a weekly virtual session to encourage and support connection across Māori leadership networks. Come join these sessions to reconnect to past colleagues or take advantage with the opportunities to connect with new and emerging Māori leaders.
- #WERO This year, we call on the creative talents of Kaimahi Māori and Māori Organisations to enter our “Waiata Challenge”. Choose your favourite Waiata – or create your own. There are a range of prizes – along with the opportunity to be awarded the Inaugural Toitū Hauora Waiata Champion 2022.
- #WĀNANGA is an online forum to discuss Māori solutions to reducing drug harm. This interactive forum will gather whakaaro and set priorities for the national summit being held in Pōneke in July 2022.
2 Cameron Street, Kaiwharawhara
+64 4 473 9591 or 0800 628 284
To improve Māori Health through leadership, education, research and evaluation, health workforce development and innovative, systemic transformation. We strengthen Māori health and wellbeing through nationally navigated and locally led solutions.