Keep an eye on our COVID 19 Resource Hub with video clips from:
- Sir Mason Durie – 1913 Smallpox epidemic; 1918 Influenza Pandemic; Te Puea Hirangi; Wahakura (woven bassinet safe sleeping space for an infant from birth to 6 months of age); COVID19 iwi response
- Ron Baker – Waiata ‘E Rere te Manu’
- Dr Andre Mclachlan – Tupuna knowledge, if the front gable (mate ihu) of a whare is too low, it is a smoky whare. If the front gable is too high, the whare is exposed. We know our whānau, so we have expectations of ourselves related to who we are as whānau and our context.
- Hera Kinred -Taupō-nui-a-tia; Mā tō rourou mā taku rourou ka ora ai taku iwi
- Dr Pikihuia Pomare – Te piko o te māhuri ko tērā te tupu o te rākau. With our tamariki at home, parents need to recognise their role of nurturing our future leaders.
- Tracey Brown – Te Pā Harakeke
The resource hub also includes a COVID-19 annotated bibliography. The annotated bibliography was compiled (April 2020) by Te Rau Ora to provide insights from the literature about the impacts of natural and pandemic events upon Māori and Indigenous peoples.
Finally, the resourse hub has templates for Māori providers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tēnā koa, click Here to read COVID-19 Supporting A Colleague