Kaitiaki Ahurea is an NZQA accredited Level 2 training course.
The course offers the opportunity to improve effective engagement in Māori Communities, knowledge and leadership skills for people who are working with Māori communities. This course is offered to everyone who has a specific interest in enhancing Māori Health outcomes.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the culturally diverse populations within New Zealand
- An understanding of Māori culture, Māori concepts and a Māori worldview
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi
- An understanding and appreciation of unconscious bias and how these impacts on the design or delivery of health and social services.
Desired Learning Outcomes
To increase knowledge and understanding of health from a Māori Cultural context. To establish tools and skills to implement activities appropriate for Māori communities.
Wānanga will involve two days for learning and a one-day follow-up for assessments.
- Professional Development Hours 20 hours (including assessment)
- Self-directed learning: 10 hours
- Total Time Required: 30 hours
For more information
2 Cameron Street, Kaiwharawhara
+64 4 473 9591 or 0800 628 284
To improve Māori Health through leadership, education, research and evaluation, health workforce development and innovative, systemic transformation. We strengthen Māori health and wellbeing through nationally navigated and locally led solutions.